Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

WAX PATTERN -- disaster?

I spent yesterday afternoon at Prostho Dad's classroom/clinic. I wasn't able to finish my RPD wax pattern before the summer term closed last month, so I have to finish them and get them graded by the first week of the first semester.

#dontbelikeme

The school I transferred from didn't have it as part of the curriculum (they only started teaching it a sem or two after I left), and the school I transferred to does, and grades wax patterns as part of RPD requirements. Yes, it's is safe to say that prior to my opening of an RPD case, I was never taught how to make wax patterns.

It's okay though-- I'm learning!
Take note, learning. Progressive tense, denoted by the -ing.

I had a lot of help from Doc Ice, who schooled me on manipulation of wax. She taught me what to do in case I see any impurities in the wax pattern, how to do this, how to that. I've learned so much! It's not to say that she made a junior expert out of me, but learning from her has somewhat encouraged me to keep trying, to keep going, and to just practice some more. I could just hope to be half as good as her.:)

I should be working on my mandibular wax pattern now. I didn't get to finish it last night, but Dr. Brian said that I'm on the right track. I should be able to progress by myself, but there's part of me that's kind of afraid to try. I'll get back on the horse.. Eventually. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik