Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

UNTITLED, but this is kind of about Oral Pathology books.

"GEE" --SNSD.
(aka. song that won't stop playing in my head)

ERMAIGAHD.

I can't believe I'm LSS-ing over a song that was released seven years ago. SEVEN! You know what kind of human I was seven years ago? A totally different one. I was best friends with a hair straightening iron, I wore 2-inch heels to school all six school days just to show people that I can do it everyday and they can't (seriously, that was my main motivation), and worst of all, I had self-esteem issues that I dealt with improperly. Oh, and I was also a 34B. See? DIFFERENT PERSON.

What hasn't changed, however is the fact that I like textbooks. While there was a time wherein I stopped really reading, my love for textbooks never really changed. It just stopped, but you know.. If it's true love, it would always come back.

I don't even know why I like to read. It's not like I remember much anyway. Haha.

I feel the need to brush up on Oral Pathology. Why Oral Pathology? I feel that it's the subspecialty that could benefit me the most. You see, I can't really imagine my future in Dentistry going anywhere else except for Oral Surgery + Periodontology. There'll be a great deal of pathologic lesions in Oral Surgery, and treatment of these lesions are often more than cut this, don't cut that. I'm (studying to be) a doctor, and I should be better than a snip-snip lady in the face of scary-looking lesions. I know I'm babbling here, but the point is-- I wanna be good. No wait, I wanna be amazing.

The first step to being amazing, I feel, is being well-versed. At this point in my DMD undergrad life, I don't have any more quizzes to take, I don't have syllabi to follow, and I don't have assignments to pass. Clinics aside, I'm free. I can study whatever I want, whenever I want. Yup, Oral Pathology it is.

I'm trying to get a hold of Oral Pathology books. At CEU, where I used to study, the prescribed books for Oral Pathology were (still are? I don't know) those by Shafer, and by Regezi, but because no two books are ever completely the same in ideas, we were always told that if Shafer and Regezi say different things about a certain disease, we would follow what Regezi says. I bought both books. While the idea of having two books for one subject seems really good, it's actually bad when neither of the two are written in a style that one's brain could absorb well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that neither worked for me. Okay, how sad is that?

When my Regezi got soaked from staying close to an open window during the monsoon season, and my Shafer fell apart, I wasn't too sad. You know how they say that one step away from the wrong guy is a step closer to the right guy? Since my Regezi and Shafer mishaps, I decided that the same was true for books. While we're on the subject of cheesy relationship quotes applying to book situations, I also didn't realize that there truly are more fish in the sea, because guess what, in the running for my "breakthrough" Oral Pathology book are three books-- Neville, Ghom, and Cawson.

I was originally choosing between Ghom and Woo (because #Asian, okay?), but after awesome recommendations from my friends, Evit, Roy, and Praveen (who is actually taking his MDS!!), who have been so generous in sharing their thoughts, I've come up with a much better candidate pool. Oh but I think I should probably mention that Woo is expensive. Really expensive.

Gee. So expensive.

Oh by the way, I typed all of that, and I'm still LSS-ing "Gee". Damn you, SNSD. Let me move on. Hahahahahageegeegeegee.





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik