Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Prostho THIS, Prostho THAT.

I know how much I used to vocalize my utter hatred for Prosthodontics, but that was before I had a nice talk with Surgery Dad, Dr. Farnacio about my options after graduation. In Oral Surgery, you have to be good at Perio, Prostho, Endo.. It's all part of that big and beautiful Surgery umbrella. Well, I (used to) hate Prostho with passion, and Endo hates me with even more passion-- but let me tell you something, whatever beef I have wth Prostho and Endo combined literally has nothing on my love for  Surgery.

Unfortunately, all the Prostho and Endo hatred somehow caught up with me, and now I have no choice but to declare a semi-official Prostho + Endo Season. I can do any more surgeries, because I'm nearly done. I can't really afford to sweep Prostho and Endo under the rug anymore. It actually almost feels like having skeletons in the closet, and the skeletons just bursting from the hinges. --but then again, truth be told is that I don't have the luxury of time anymore.

Oh well, Prostho here, Prostho there. Let me tell you about the day I decided to work on my OCR.


We have a Prosthodontics Lab at school, but there are times when I would much rather do my stuff at home. I'm quite a talkative person, and it's something that somewhat identifies me. I like working on Prostho things in pairs or groups, but sometimes, I would much rather be alone, just watching television while having my fingers burned by an alcohol lamp. As far as extroversion and introversion go, I actually swing both ways (my goodness, that sounds too wrong).

In Complete Denture Prostho procedures, I have got to say that making OCRs is my favorite.:) It's a very nitpicky procedure, considering that there are numbers and really strict measurements to follow. You can't really wing it with OCRs, because ultimately, you will be deciding a patient's vertical dimension for a certain number of years, so it really needs to be correct. Don't get me wrong, I don't like making OCRs because of how nitpicky it. I like making OCRs because when I'm done, the wax ends up looking like candy. --and please, candy OCRs are pretty.

Unfortunately, when you work alone, you don't really have anyone to catch your mistakes while you make them. I really don't know what I was thinking when I made a cut on the posterior portion f my mandibular OCR. I don't have a picture of the cut OCR, but the picture I do have still has that cut scar on it.

If you take a really close look at the OCR, there's that little line
--that's where I made the I-didn't-know-what-I-was-thinking cut.
Until now, mind you, three days later-- I still have no idea what I was thinking when I made that cut. Hahahaha. I think I was a tiny bit distracted, as I've recently been struggling with having my One True Crush -slash- Crush Who Got Away pop into my thoughts very randomly. I even made a really emo Instagram post about it, my goodness! I had a few snippets of wisdom from Dr. San Luis, and I've come to realize that I should be a lot stronger than that. I shouldn't allow myself to produce wth-work every time I think of him. OH WELL. It only follows that I should look for a guy who would make me better, not worse.

I'm really excited for my VDO/VDR. I know that it's one of the most tedious steps in Complete Denture (no wait, Complete Denture is tedious in itself!), but I just want to get it over with. I'm excited, because I want it to be over-- just how weird is that?

Yeah, I'm out.:)

cmagenta

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik