Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

NYX LIQUID SUEDE -- Tea & Cookies.

Oh look at me, so late to the liquid lipstick party. Hahahaha.
By the way, I'm currently binge-watching Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23.


I don't know why it took me so long to hop on to the liquid lipstick bandwagon, honestly. The thing is, liquid lipsticks have just started appealing to me. No, I wasn't one of those girls who went gaga over Kylie Lip Kits the second they hit Instagram. I did, however, get in contact with an online Colourpop seller at one point, but it wasn't for the liquid lipsticks, though. I don't know. I'm probably just LATE to the liquid lipstick party. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. Haha.

I wanted to try a liquid lipstick. I had a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, but I didn't like it, so I asked one of our household helpers to take it with him to give to his sister when he went on vacation last summer. I thought I was sworn off NYX for life, but when I saw really nice reviews for Liquid Suede, I decided to go through with it. Chances, right?

My first encounter with NYX Liquid Suede was when I met up with my friend, Lhara, at SM Megamall a couple of months ago. I swatched a few shades, of course! I think I like Tea & Cookies, but at that time, not enough to actually buy it. Unfortunately, when I really did want it, it was so difficult to find in-store! I was at SM Makati last weekend, and they didn't have it in stock-- They only had the shade Sandstorm, along with some other dark shade that I was simply not interested in.

So I got on BeautyMNL.



Oh BeautyMNL, you always have my back. :*

Okaaay, so let me tell you something about Tea & Cookies. It's pink, it's cute, it's awesome. I'm not really good at describing colors, but I'd probably say that it's a more mature version of a Barbie pink, but way, way, way more neutral. It's something I'd wear with brown eyeshadow and a crisp white top, to at least give myself the illusion of sophistication. If you're into the peachy pinks with mauve undertones, this would be a nice addition to your little family.:)



I wouldn't exactly swear by the formula. It kind of moves around and takes a little while to settle, and to dry. I'm actually having difficulty believing in claims that this is waterproof. I wore this out this afternoon, and the longevity is really just average. I didn't want to think of this as just another drugstore liquid lipstick, but unfortunately, that's the impression I'm getting. It's not as opaque as I had hoped it would be, but then again, it's really not a horrible product.:)

I was kind of surprised by how it doesn't settle into the lines on my lips. I guess that even when it fades, it fades gracefully-- and yeah, even I would have to admit that it's a pro.

Oh come on, we all know that I can't be that white in real life. Hahaha
The sun was shining right on my face, but really, I'm a lot tanner.
I think I've come to realize something-- softer pinks don't look good on me when they're matte; but I kind of actually like how this marries into my lips. Now that I think about it, it kind of really does look like suede! I'm glad that the whole Liquid Suede thing isn't just a marketing thing. This kind of makes me want to try NYX Lingerie.

I'm only just starting to get the hang of using a liquid lipstick. I've been so used to applying lipstick from a bullet, or from a pan, that I feel like I have to re-learn lipstick application through a doe foot applicator, being that the last time I did so on a regular basis was just too long ago. I still have to work on my application technique to give myself an even coat.

Well yeah, liquid lipstick, yeahhh.

If I fall in love with the concept of liquid lipstick, you will know.

Corine Magenta

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik