Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Let's Swatch All My INGLOT Lipstick Pans!:)

I have a special love for Inglot Cosmetics. A very special love.

I crossed paths with Inglot the summer I was in between universities, and was on the last leg of my battle with depression. Inglot was there for me when I needed a fresh start, when I needed to feel good about myself, and when I needed a seed to help me grow into a person I could actually tolerate. Inglot was there for me when I needed to find myself. This would sound like a complete cliche, but I really did find happiness in make-up, and not just any make-up, I found happiness in Inglot

My first Inglot anythings were two lipstick pans.. and then two eyeshadow pans.. and then concealer.. and before I knew it, I was building my very first (and only, so far) EBP palette, but like I said, I first fell for the lipsticks (oh by the way, I learned at that as jarring as it sounds lipsticks, indeed, is the plural form of lipstick), and this fondness for Inglot lipsticks just blossomed to full-blown love

Swatchfest? READY!


A tiny disclaimer though-- I only swatched my Freedom System lipstick pans, and not the bullets. The first reason is that I chose all these lipstick colors myself, whereas my lipstick bullets all came from goodie bags of gifts with purchase. The second reason is that I find the Freedom System lipsticks to be superior than those of the bullet-type, all in so many aspects. Lastly, I don't always reach for my bullet lipsticks, but my pans are pretty much in regular rotation, so, there you go!

Inglot lipsticks are my holy grail lipsticks. While I do have my own little stash of MAC lipsticks, I still find Inglot generally better. I like the finish of Inglot lipstick pans-- they go on in what I could refer to as matte, but not too matte. When I look at MAC lipsticks, I tend to get stuck, almost wondering if I could get something that's like a cross of a matte and a cremesheen, or a matte and a lustre but with Inglot, everything's just spot-on. It's my perfect fit.:) Sometimes, I tend to go for specific finishes, like with #515, which is a real matte, or with #87, which is a frost, having really big glitter particles, but even with these specific finishes, everything comes out really perfectly!



Okay, I don't think that photo did the colors justice. here's another one, with filters!--

filtered!
I don't think I have a massive lipstick collection. I feel that with this group, I have all my colors covered. Oh wait, I'm speaking too soon. I kind of want a blue lipstick. I'm dead serious.

Okay, I know that the lipsticks come in pans, and that it's not always easy to have to take a lip brush with you wherever, but I feel that the trade-off is worth it, because I get better application with a lip brush anyway, so I don't really lose out. If these would come out in bullets, then great, but since they don't, it's fine too. Everything's awesome!:)

I keep my lipstick pans in their little Inglot empty palettes. What I really like about Inglot palettes is that they have magnets at the bottom to hold the pans, magnets again to close the palette, and magnets some more to stack palettes to take them anywhere on-the go. Inglot has really simple, yet really sleek packaging. Some people would find it bulky, but it's rather space-saving, actually.


I normally switch out the pans. When I go to school, I would just pack one lipstick, one blush, and an eyeshadow rainbow pan, and then I'm good to go. Unfortunately, I've found that storing powders (especially brown eyeshadow) along with lipstick isn't always the best idea, because specks of the powder could get on to the lipstick, and pretty much mess it up. I'm still trying to figure things out. I'll let you know soon. Or not.

Since we're on the topic of storage, let me tell you the story of the lonely red lipstick.


I don't wear red lipstick to school as often as I'd like to, mainly because it's quite messy, especially against a white uniform. Although I have done it in the past (I don't know if you caught my One School Week in Red Lipstick thing), but red lipstick isn't as wear and go as more neutral colors are, that's why I keep in a palette right next to a concealer, with the latter being my "saftey net" for when I accidentally color outside the lines. With respect to color psychology, red lipstick might not exactly be the best option for someone treating a patient in a very anxiety-inducing field (hello, Dentistry!). Red lipstick is outside my regular school lipstick rotation, but it's always there to save the day whenever it needs to.

Oh, Inglot lipstick pans smell like juice by the way.
Haha, just saying!

Inglot lipsticks are my ultimate holy grail lipsticks. What are yours?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik