Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Money, Please.

Today, I wrote to four companies/organizations, asking for money for a little project I want to work on. No wait, that's a lie. I asked them if they give money to people who ask.

See how dangerous boredom is?

I'm trying to justify my giant cranium. Heavily oversimplified from the Functional Matrix Theory by Moss, skeletal growth is dependent on the growth on non-skeletal thingies. Following this theory, I should have a larger-than-average brain, and more brain, more fun intelligence maybe. Hey, what if I'm secretly smart, but just haven't found the correct motivation in life? Or what if my cranial bones are like two inches thick, and I don't really have much of a brain? ..or what if I have a really large brain, but only like.. Three neurons or something? What I lack in intelligence, I think I more than make up for in imagination. Oh well, I digress.

So anyway, I emailed four companies/organizations-- one pharmaceutical company, one organization that loves rice just as much as I do, one organization that loves potatoes just as much as I do, and one local company that I could only describe as one that takes much positivity from the Filipino business culture and marries it with science.

There's another company that I want to e-mail, and it's the one that got me hooked on acid (it's not what you think) in the first place.

"it's not what you think"-acid.
The reason why I haven't e-mailed this company yet is that I'm really nervous. I'm finding myself nervously thinking of what I should say. I could just copy and paste what I said to the other four companies, but no, this one's actually special. I met the president of this company in 2012, after I came up to him after a lecture on acid, and when I told him that I wanted to do my undergraduate thesis on acid, he gave me his business card and said that he might be able to help me. Unfortunately when I was about to do my undergraduate thesis at my old school (along with my group of about 7 or 8 others-- true story), my acid idea was rejected in favor of one that would ultimately become one of the biggest flops of my academic life.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to say when I e-mail the company. Do I go like, "Hello, do you remember me? Sorry for not contacting you in 2012.."? Of course not! I want to have my sh** together when I write that e-mail. Having my sh** together may not exactly be easy, as my life is pretty much going in a downward spiral.

I'm trying to be optimistic, though there really are times when I want to shut all my windows and have charcoal burning inside my room (no don't take it too seriously, I'm just kidding.<3). Maybe this little idea I'm cooking up could save me as a human being, won't that be great-- I get to contribute to periodontology, and I get to stay alive!:) Oh wait, this is getting a little bit morbid, I think I should get back on divalproex sodium. I keep telling myself that everything's going to be okay, I just got stuck in a rut for so long, I think I'm ready to go do what I want.:)

..but first, MONEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik