Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Miss WRITE.

I love to write. Oh of course you know that.

Currently, there's this one thing I really want. It's an academic-related co-curricular thing that I really really want. Unfortunately, the first time I went for it, I didn't get it. The problem was me not having access to resources. My goodness, you don't know how much it upset me.

I've been feeling angry, but I'm not even sure to whom I should be angry with, or if I should even be angry at all. Sometimes I feel that when it comes to this very specific endeavor, nobody understands. Nobody understands why it's so important to me, and I'm not exactly making it easier to be understood. I'm somewhat tortured by this really bizarre cocktail of emotions, and honestly, I'm drowning. I know it's not exactly the most correct way to go, but it's almost like pain is a motivator, and it's doing its job pretty well.

Today, I signed up to join an international organization. I'm not going to talk about it here on the blog just yet. Why? because Cinderella, that's why.




I've yet to pay my association dues (oh look, I actually have association dues now), plus division membership fees, here and there. Quite expensive, I'm not even sure I can pay for all of it immediately, but once I do, I'll have membership to that organization, a division membership, print materials, and participation to three scientific groups that I've chosen for myself. I'm aware that this won't necessarily be my so-called stepping stone, but I want this very much, and when you're really adamant about something, you can't ever really know too much.

One of the funnest parts of my membership application was getting to choose my scientific groups. I had to join one network, and had the option of choosing two more. Of course, choosing my first scientific group was easy-- Periodontology. Don't get me wrong, I'm more of an Oral Surgery girl, but when it comes to reading and writing, Periodontology would be up in my wheelhouse.

Choosing my next two networks is both being easy and difficult at the same time. I only have two spaces to fill, but I'm contemplating among six-- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine & Pathology, Microbiology and Immunity; Behavioral, Epidemiologic & Health Services Research, Cariology Research, Oral Health Research. I want to take the bloody road and go with Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, and then Oral Medicine & Pathology; but I want Cariology Research too, which I would pair with Salivary Research. Oh my.

My goodness, I just want to write!!!

Corine Magenta

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik