Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

That "BLOOMING" Make-Up Look.

I've been "busy" shopping(?!) at the 107th Philippine Dental Association Annual Convention these past few days. It was only yesterday that I didn't go, because it started to rain hard right when I was about to leave the house. I've been beyond flattered that my ex-schoolmates from Manila whom I haven't seen in years have said really nice things about how I look. I'm about 20% chubbier now since they've last seen me, and while I thought I'd get a lot of ridicule from that, I've come to realize that in order to allow people to see what's good in me, it it I who has to see it first. 

While this whole "blooming" thing does have a little bit to do with the fact that I'm in a much better and happier place in life right now in spite of a few diagnoses here and there, while it does have something to do with the fact that I've stopped being your typical angry person who wants nothing but to outshine everyone, and while it does involve the simple act of making a conscious effort to be genuinely happy from the inside, I really can't lie-- It's make-up. And a whole lot of it.

The last time my ex-schoolmates saw me, I didn't know how to do my brows, I didn't know how to blend eyeshadow (no wait, I didn't even know how to put on eyeshadow), I didn't know how to contour.. The list of things I didn't know how to do properly (or simply did not know how to do, period) pretty much goes on. I also fell victim to really ridiculous, cringe-worthy, and downright embarrassing make-up mistakes that I simply don't even want to look back on (ie. using the wrong BB cream, using black mascara on my brows, using too light face powder). It's really easy to change for the better after having a past that horrible.

Call me conceited or whatever you like, it's okay, because I really can't shake off the butterflies in my tummy! People have been so nice and so sweet, I can't even explain it. I can't explain it, so let me just share it.. By sharing my make-up look.:) I'm not really the best person to give you make-up tutorials, as I'm still learning the ropes myself, so I'll probably just start with telling everyone what's I put on my face today.




You'll see that I have a mix of products from different price ranges. Let me tell you that my mix is very real. We have drugstore brands, higher end brands, Korean brands, mid-ranger brands, Japanese drugstore brands, US drugstore brands-- the only brands I'll never use are the luxury brands, and it's mainly because I can never justify spending that much money on anything.

The make-up standouts for me are the Maybelline Super BB Cream and the Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation-- I've found that using a make-up sponge over a stippling brush is actually better, and makes the skin look natural. It's also nice not having make-up run over to your collar, haha. The Heroine Make mascara, and the liquid eyeliner, both part of a set I purchased abroad, have totally cemented my trust in Japanese cosmetics (though I'll be honest-- Japanese cosmetics are expensive in the Philippines, so my Japanese cosmetics love won't progress).

I don't think I need to explain much on my fondness for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I know how late I am to the party, but I had just gotten this last month, and I'm actually still experimenting with eye looks. For this look though, I think I used five shades. In no particular order: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Limit. Oh, I actually used seven shades. My goodness.

Soooo.. This is me without the arrows.



I'm not the happiest person, I don't have the most extensive make-up collection, I'm not exactly a head-turner, but you know what makes me feel "blooming"? It's knowing that even after a few storms here and there, I stuck around to see the rainbow. Having made the active decision to actually stay alive, even when it was difficult, is my achievement. That's where I pull my confidence from, that's what makes me feel "blooming".

Okay, let's all bloom. Together.

Corine Magenta



2 comments:

  1. Love this, Corine! I'm happy you're happy! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela!:) That's so sweet of you to say <3

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik