Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

MASK PARTY! (PART 1)

Last Saturday, I attended a Mask Party hosted by Liz Lanuzo's projectvanity.com and Origins Philippines. I feel a bit bad about writing this a little bit too late, but.. (okay, I'm out of excuses). Oh my goodness, this post is going to have so many pictures, I really hope you would like what you're about to see!:) --by the way, this is a skin post, so please expect unfiltered and unadjusted photos.



I was one of the few lucky girls who got to join the Mix & Mask Workshop, and when I say "lucky", I really mean lucky. Not only did I get the chance to sample some of the most amazing and natural skin care products ever, but I got to spend time with the Project Vanity ladies, as well as other girls who love Project Vanity the same way I do.



I volunteered as the first tribute during the presentation-- and I'm really glad I did! I had three masks applied on to my skin. On my T-zone, I had the ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, which has an insanely smooth and velvety texture.



It's actually known as a worldwide best-seller. Truth be told, if you get the chance to have this slathered on to your skin, you will understand why!

I was asked what my primary skin concern was, and truly, I told Sam, the resident beauty expert, that it was breakouts. Seriously, breakouts! I get really crazy breakouts along my beard area, and yes, I know-- it's a clinical sign of endocrine disorders (because #TEAMendocrinedisorders). Sam helped me through it by applying ORIGINS Out of Trouble 10 minute mask.



The Out of Trouble mask might as well be my best friend because of how bad my breakouts get. My acne goes by a "When it rains, it pours" motto. Since it only takes 10 minutes for the mask to work its magic, it won't eat up much of your time. Fantastic, right?



It's also made with zinc oxide. --which makes me love it more, because we actually use zinc oxide at school. --HAHAHA.

On my cheeks, I got a generous slater of ORIGINS GinZing, which is a nice gel-like mask made with ginseng and caffeine, which play a part in giving that extra glow, especially on tired skin.



GinZing was actually my favorite, having it on my cheeks brought about a very interesting cooling and tingling sensation. It could be because of the caffeine, which is really cool.

After a few minutes, I got everything wiped off, and to my surprise, I looked like I was glowing! Sam said that my skin would look glowy, but I didn't think that it would look that glowy.



Sure, I was still stuck with my gigantic pores, a few remnants from former breakouts, blackheads and uneven skin texture, but I saw improvement after just ten minutes. If that doesn't account for something, I really don't know what does!



It took a lot of courage to even think about posting a zoomed-in unfiltered picture of my skin, but if I can't be honest about my skin issues on my own blog, where else could I? If I can't be real with you, who actually take time to read about the things that I have to say, who can I be real with? I'm letting you see my pores-- I declare that we have reached a whole new level of friendship (while we're at it, you might want to say hello on the chatbox on the right hand of the blog page).

I have so much to work on, when it comes to skin care. I have really large and open pores, blackheads, and white heads here and there, but just knowing that there are good products out there is already a huge takeaway for me, and for that, I'm already really blessed.

Would I purchase ORIGINS products? Oh my goodness, you know I want to! Unfortunately, the only thing that's holding me back is that all these products come with a hefty price tag. Sure, it's fun to shop every now and then, but sometimes, we really need to be realistic in assessing how much money we can spend on skin care. I know I seem like an absolute scatterbrain, but I believe in budgets. I can't say that I adhere firmly to budgeting, but I know it's something I have to work on. Okay, let me summarize this paragraph for you-- I have no money.

Would I purchase ORIGINS products if I had an unlimited supply of money? The answer is simple-- Yes, I would. Their products are effective, natural, and just downright fantastic. If financial circumstances were different, I'd buy all the pretty masks I could get my hands on!:) Then again, I keep telling myself that ORIGINS masks are something to look forward to, and sometimes, the waiting makes the purchase extra special.:)

Yours in brokeness,
Corine Magenta with the large pores.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik