Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Growing up together + Cantonese music + disorganization + make-up game + JOLLIBEE BINGE

I'm starting to feel that my blogs are starting to become frustratingly difficult to relate to, nowadays. What ever happened to the Corine Magenta who loves lipstick? Hmm. I still love lipstick and all them beauty things, but I don't know, I'm at this stage (ooohhh, a stage) that's heavily characterized by a gradual shift in priorities. I don't know, I feel calibrated to some extent. Maybe this is me finally growing up a little bit more. It is about time, after all.. Because I've finally realized how old I am. It's okay though, because at least we all get to grow up together. <3

Together is more fun anyway.


I've mentioned on previous posts that I've been adjusting to a new waking time, and yay, I've been being able to stick with it. Please, present perfect tense, because I'm just that optimistic!:) When I wake up in the morning, I give myself about 30 minutes to just roll in bed, just to process things. I drink a glass of water, I watch a few YouTube videos. I just give myself time to finish up my unproductivity, so that I could keep myself moving throughout the day. --but of course, the real magic happens when I step into the car, on the way to school.

I LISTEN TO CANTONESE MUSIC ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL.

I feel that Cantonese is my "productivity" language. Not in a sense that I'm more productive when I speak in Cantonese, because, well.. I can't speak Cantonese (yet! *wink*), but there's something about Cantonese that excites my blood cells, and makes me want to be bright and awesome. Cantonese music makes me feel better about myself.



That's my current favorite song. The title in English is, No Power Is The Disaster. Again, I don't speak Cantonese, but I'm inclined to feeling that it's a motivating happy song. Yat Lok Yat Ceot (2013, my goodness!) is also a go-to song. It was the first Cantonese song I bought from the Apple Music store, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Another thing is that I'm starting to really love mondays. I used to struggle with liking mondays, but now, it's pretty much my favorite day of the school week.. And I'm not just saying that because mondays (and only mondays) are when Surgery Dad, who's really generous with compliments, is on duty at clinics. I don't know. It's just an extra dose of motivation, having a clinical instructor who makes you feel like a superstar-- it makes you extra eager to strive harder, just to get a bit closer to mastery.

I'm normally a very disorganized person, but I've been trying my best to up the organization by actually keeping and updating my agenda. My old strategy was to plan for the entire week-- that was until I realized that when one plan doesn't push through, I get dragged down so easily, that the succeeding days don't have a positive entrance. Now, I only plan for two days, and when that's done, I plan again. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that it's monday today, but I have absolutely no idea what in the world I'll be doing on wednesday.


Let me reiterate that I'm a very disorganized person, but I think that I could bump up the organization by just bringing the bare necessities in my bag. I still have a long way to go, but I think that even just trying to get organized is a step towards the right direction.

My so-called make-up game has somewhat stabilized. Unfortunately, there isn't much to it aside from some sort of foundation (today, it was just BB cream), eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow powder and lipstick. I miss having the luxury of time and energy to actually doll up.:(

blurry photo-- the car was moving
If I had it my way, I'd have time to do a little bit of highlighting and contouring, which are actually two of the most fun things to do in my entire make-up ritual, but oh well. Maybe when I have everything in order, I'll be able to do that, but for now.. No. :(

Ohhh, I went on a Jollibee binge today. The maid's sick at the moment, so I wasn't able to get my "nutritious food" fix today, and probably won't be able to, for two more days. What I had at school was absolute junk, and what I had after was even more junk-- but hey, it was Jollibee, so it was worth it.

Adobo flakes yum burger
Ooookay.. Jollibee is like the Filipino fast food chain. Currently they sell these limited edition adobo flakes yum burgers, in line with Philippine Independence Day (last month, hehe). Adobo is the unofficial national dish of the Philippines, and it's basically meat marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic, and then cooked with peppercorns, bay leaves, and even more garlic. Up until recently, I never imagined adobo in a burger. 

yummy
The burger was.. Interesting. It was yummy, but there was part of me that just couldn't wrap my head around the idea of adobo in a burger. Adobo's usually taken with rice. It was good, but it's not the type of burger I'd want to have every day for the rest of my fast-food eating life (McDonald's cheeseburger, I'm looking at you). The burger was really saucy. I have to be honest-- the adobo inside the burger was definitely not the adobo I'm used to. Then again, adobo can be made in a multitude of ways, depending on the region, so maybe I just have to figure out what provincial style the Jollibee adobo was made in. Oh.. Yes, you should try it.



Hmm.. It was really nice catching up with you, here on the blog.:)

PLEASE SEND ME LOVE.

Corine Magenta






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik